The Schedule for 8th June
Details of the Day and Night
Please see details below for the Dip. A lot of people will be meeting for breakfast at 8-9.3oam in The Arklow Bay Hotel – all welcome and Today FM will be doing a live broadcast.
- Date– 8th June 2019
- Time– Meet from 10.30 am at beach – finish time around 2/3pm – there will also be buses organised from Arklow Bay Hotel in Wicklow going up and down to the beach before and after the dip so you could leave your car there and join us on the bus
- Details and comments on day – join our facebook event
- How can I register to go?– officially register on stripanddip.ie
- Does it cost to register?– there is a non refundable fee €24.95 which will be used for insurance, security, props needed, first aiders, ambulance etc. All proceeds that are not used in connection with the Dip will go straight to Aoibheanns Pink Tie
- Is it just ladies?– yes this is a women only event (sorry lads)
- Age Restrictions – dip is for over 18’s
- Where is it on?– it is on in a Meaghermore beach in Wicklow roughly 7 kms from Wicklow Town….
- Directions – https://www.google.com/maps/place/Magheramoreemail@example.com,-6.0252017,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4867b7a5e4973f4d:0x434201a7b53f9a67!8m2!3d52.9307088!4d-6.023013
- Can Other people come? Only dippers and official stewards are allowed on the day. We are all braving it to do this therefore we want to keep it that way. If for some particular reason a person wants to go please message me and of course exceptions can be made. But rule of thumb is Only dippers on the day.
- Do you take cash donations on the day – no sorry we can not take cash any offline fundraising please bring cheque or bank draft made payable to Aoibheanns Pink Tie
- 8am-10am Very excited to say that Today FM will be having a live broadcast at the Arklow Bay Hotel from 8am – 11am the morning show with Alison Curtis So there will be plenty of excitement with them being there.
- 8-9.30– Breakfast for those wanting some will be in The Arklow Bay Hotel (The Ballroom) from 8am and is available for €10 (for non-hotel guests). On arrival at the hotel you will be given your official Strip and Dip 2019 t-shirt and a raffle ticket for the following prizes the hotel have kindly donated
- Afternoon Tea for Two
- Gym Membership
- Bay Beauty Room Voucher
- Dinner For 2 in our Pottery Restaurant
- 1 Night’s B&B with an Evening Meal for 2 People Sharing
- Carvery Lunch for 2 People
- 09.45 – Sing with Sea of Change Choir and we want all dippers to record Sisters – hopefully going to get a few hundred will be great fun
- 1015-10.30 You can leave your car in the Car Park of The Arklow Bay Hotel and take a bus up to the beach. Return trip in a bus will be €5 – bus will pick us up after the dip and drop us back to the pub we are going to afterwards. . If you want to drive up that is no problem but we really hope that most people will take buses. Go to the beach in your normal clothes and bring a back pack with you of t-shirt of dressing gown and a towel. Please make sure you have plenty of water, caps and suncream.
- 10.30-11– People will all meet up in the Car Park of the Meaghermore beach (this can be done from 10am), where most people may have a tipple or two, some body art and basically some shenanigans and laughter. We encourage people to get the bus but there is limited parking available at the beach so feel free to bring your car. Wayne is our Chief of Security on the day he will be the only man in the car park among us as he needs to be there. Wayne stays up in the Car Park when we go to dip. Wayne has been doing this for years and we would be lost without him. We will also have use of a field beside this carpark the policemen on the gates will tell you where to park.
- There will be people collecting donations – please make sure if you have donations that they are a bank draft or a cheque made payment to Aoibheann’s Pink tie – thanks. Sterling bank drafts and cheques are of course welcome. Please note we can not take cash donations due to safety and accounting reasons. If you have not got all your donations left that is no problem you can post them to Dee Featherstone after the event.
- Please note that no children will be allowed on the day it is an Adult Only event (over 18s)
- Please note that we cannot take responsibility for items you leave in the carpark, the carpark will be manned by a Ban Gardai and Wayne our head of Security. For those parking in the other area of the carpark (a field) the gate to this field will be manned by two policemen.
- 11.45 After all getting into our dressing gowns or t-shirts for the day we will go down to the beach and then we gather on the beach and take some photos with official photographer. We may also have a drone on the day for when we are all still in our t-shirts to wave up to. A few songs may be sung and general craic will be had. . Very Important – absolutely no alcohol, phones or pictures to be taken down to the beach we all have to respect each other’s privacy… if there is a special photo you want taken with a group of friends just ask any of the photographers to take it for you. Usually photos like this are taken after the dip… so before dip will be just a huge photo and after you can have group photos taken.
- 12pm – we aim to dip – you will hear the big siren someone announce that it is time to run in…. we will disrobe and all run in together, totally hysteric with whoops and hollers singing, laughter, hollering and cursing are allowed 😊. There will be a video of us taken while we leg it into the water (from behind) and this video will be sent out to tv stations, newspapers etc. etc. to try get us loads of publicity. If you have an issue with this video then you may wish to reconsider doing the dip. It will be taken from afar and it will be us from behind.
- 1pm-1.30pm– we all leave the beach (in the same lovely clean state we found it, there will be a big skip supplied so please leave any rubbish you have in it) buses will collect us or if you’re driving of course you take your car. We would like as many dippers as possible to join us for a drink or two at Sally O’Briens Pub, Main Street Arklow after the dip. The pub will be putting on platters of sambos, sausages etc and they are also putting on music for us and we will be welcome with a pink gin reception. We may hold a speech or two and Sinead Hamill will be reading her legendary dip ditty – a hit every year. This part of the day is so much fun as people are absolutely buzzing after the dip. People stay as long as they want in pub a lot of people will head home after and for those staying may go off and grab a bite to eat.
- 9pm we meet up in The Arklow Bay Hotel for a Prosecco Reception and Nibbles. For those staying at the hotel there is free entry but for those not staying the cost is €15 and is payable to the hotel at the door. DJ will be playing music from the 70s and 80s so we will be having a massive disco. Feel free to wear the Sasparellas, white stilettos and bring a handbag for the middle of the ring of dancers. Its going to be such a fun night.